Wine Making Centre
WINE MAKING CENTRE
Making your own wine at La Cachette du Bootlegger’s wine making centre “Centre Bootlegger” is easy and fun! Here’s how it works:
1. Select your choice of wine. Unsure? Our team is happy to assist you with finding the wine best-suited to your taste or event.
2. Get the wine started: Mix the ingredients and add the yeast.
3. Schedule an appointment to bottle: your wine will be ready in 6 weeks’ time; 8 weeks if it is a kit containing skins.
4. Bottle your wine. We provide all the necessary equipment and assistance to help you complete this final step with ease. You can also dress up the bottles with labels and shrink seals (optional).
5. Bring your bottles home and store them in a cool spot where the temperature is relatively stable.
6. Uncork a bottle and enjoy! Try to be patient and wait at least a month before drinking your wine – it will keep improving month after month in the bottles.
You can buy new bottles at the store or bring your own at the bottling appointment. If you bring your own, we ask that they should already be cleaned as we provide time and equipment for sanitizing already cleaned bottles. Thoroughly rinsing a wine bottle just after emptying it will make cleaning it prior to bottling a lot easier.
WINE STORAGE TIPS
Here are some wine storage tips to ensure top quality wine:
Store your wine upright for 1 to 2 days.
After that, store your wine on its side in order to keep the cork moist. (This is not essential if you are using plastic corks.)
Store your wine in a cool, dark place.
Your wine should be stored where the temperature is relatively CONSISTENT… Bright light, movement, and significant temperature fluctuations can negatively affect the quality of your wine.
Do not constantly turn your wine. Red wines will sometimes dust (leave residue on the inside of the bottle). This is normal. Simply decant your wine.
Do not store your wine directly on a cement floor. Put a thick piece of wood or insulated material under your wine storage boxes.
Do not store your wine on heated floors.